Joshua Hong, sometimes known as Joshua, is a South Korean singer who is a member of the famed K-pop boy band Seventeen. Seventeen is a 13-member South Korean K-pop group under Pledis Entertainment.
Joshua gained popularity with his lovely attitude, gorgeous features, and singing abilities.
In May 2015, MCB aired a live showcase featuring the team’s vocal section. In November 2021, he made news when he and Vernon performed live on “Genius Open Mic” with their song “2 Minus 1”.
With his expanding fame, he has amassed over 3.5 million Instagram followers: @joshu acoustic, while their group has over 8.4 million followers: @saythename 17.
Who is Joshua Hong?
Known as a member of Seventeen K-pop group.
Joshua Hong’s Origins
Joshua Hong was born in Los Angeles, California, on December 30, 1995. Hong Jisoo was born. His nationality is Korean-American. Joshua is Asian and born under the sign of Capricon.
Joshua, the only child of singers, came from Los Angeles to South Korea to start his career while still in high school. As the only son of his parents, he was reared with love and compassion throughout his youth.
Then he went to ‘Downtown Magnets High School’ in downtown Los Angeles. Hong grew up frequently attending church and singing in a church chorus, where he discovered what he wanted to accomplish in life.
He spent 2 years and 2 months in Seoul with his bandmates before their 2015 debut.
Joshua Hong’s K-pop Idol Career
- Joshua Hong began his professional career as a member of the vocal unit of the boy band “Seventeen”.
- In 2013, he joined the other 12 participants in the online broadcast of “Seventeen TV.”
- On May 26, 2015, the group debuted in an hour-long MBC special.
- In three days they released “17 Carat”, their first EP, which became the only debut album to make Billboard’s “10 Best K-Pop Albums of 2015”. It was the year’s longest-charting K-pop album in the US.
- On September 10, 2015, their second EP “Boys Be” was published, becoming the best-selling debut record of 2015.
- In 2016, they released their debut full-length LP, “Love & Letter.”
- After the release of their 2019 album “You Made My Dawn”, Joshua and his group will be a great Kpop sensation. Home, the album’s title track, is their most popular release to date.
- On August 5, 2020, they published “Hit,” which garnered them their first daesang, or Album of the Year award.
- On October 19, 2021, they released Semicolon, with the lead track “Home; Run.”
- On April 21, 2021, they released “Not Alone” in Japan.
- Seventeen released their ninth EP, Attacca, on October 22, 2021.
- The ensemble usually writes, composes, and choreographs their own music.
- He also collaborated with Kisum on a solo project titled ‘You and I.’
Joshua Hong’s Relationship Status
Joshua Hong is single. He isn’t dating anybody right now, focusing on his profession. Not just Joshua, but also BTS, NCT, and Twice aren’t known for their relationship controversies. Despite not having a girlfriend, he is adored by millions of followers worldwide. He is also bashful.
Aside from his love life, he likes reading, singing, playing the guitar, and watching movies, especially horror films.
His favorite anime programs include ‘One Piece,’ ‘Naruto,’ and ‘Bleach.’ He also speaks Korean and English fluently.
Joshua Hong’s Net Worth
Joshua Hong earns a nice living as a K-pop singer. Joshua’s career began in 2015 with his group “Seventeen”, and together they have become one of Korea’s most liked and successful boy bands.
His revenue comes from his Pledis Entertainment contract, which includes album sales, concerts, tours, sponsorships, and endorsements. Basically, they earn a fortune in the entertainment sector. His net worth is now assessed at $2.5 million.
Joshua Hong’s Body Measurements
Joshua Hong is a gorgeous young guy in his 20s. His height is 5ft 11in (1.80m) and his weight is 60kg (132 lbs). With light skin, a lovely face, brown hair and eyes.
Do you Know?
- He is his parents’ only kid.
- In 2015, he turned 18 with “Seventeen.”
- He is bashful.