In 2007, Carly Rae Jepsen released her breakthrough single “Call Me Maybe,” which went to #1 on the US and Canadian Billboards and garnered over 400 million YouTube views. She also portrayed Frenchy in the 2016 Fox special “Grease Live!” Her debut single “Tug of War” was won Song of the Year at the Canadian Radio Music Awards on September 30th, 2008. She also participated in the fifth season of “Canadian Idol” in 2007. She came in 3rd. With Carly’s help, Trees Organic Coffee’s open mic night began. “It’s Not Christmas Till Someone Cries” peaked at 11 on the US Holiday Digital Songs chart on October 30th, 2020.
Carly Rae Jepsen on “Call Me Maybe” for 10 years
After 10 years of success with ‘Call Me Maybe,’ Carly Rae Jepsen reflects on how the song changed her life. The 35-year-old singer rose to stardom after releasing the catchy track on September 20, 2011, and she recalls being “giddy” when she first heard people talking about her music while working as a waiter. It reads, in part, “‘Call Me Maybe’ hit me like a lightning bolt. I recall being a waiter not long before things started up and hearing a table outside discuss my music. Around 12 individuals sat at the table, all returning from a camping vacation in Canada where they sang along to the radio. ‘Tug of War’ was on repeat a lot back then and they weren’t exactly fans. ‘This chick Carly Rae Jepsen was on repeat during our vacation and we are sick of it,’ I overheard. Some of them mocked the song when I was bringing them dinner.
“That’s when I poured the wine, hid behind my long floppy bangs, and hoped/prayed they wouldn’t see me as their ahem server After that, I felt delighted since this was the first time I heard someone else recognize my name or music. ‘These folks outside KNOW ME!’ I said eagerly behind the bar. They may not know ME, but they know my MUSIC! (A guff.) And I’m oddly proud of it!'” Before they departed that night, I printed their bill and wrote my name boldly on the back of the receipt. ‘Thanks for letting me look after you tonight! As a fan, I also autographed the back of your receipt!’ Their mouths fell, we laughed, and I got a greater tip than normal.” So, youngsters, don’t give up on your aspirations. Three months later, ‘Call Me Maybe’ was out, and I’m sure it irritated them. Hehe. (sic)” “It’s “I want to thank you everyone for the fun videos, goofy dances, and wild evenings together! You have all opened my world and my heart with this music experience and I am eternally thankful.” To Josh and Tavish who helped me write this nasty boy… who knew? Enjoy the moment when lightning hits. I know I do! Also, I’m sure my ex-boss is relieved since I was a POS. (sic)”
- Canadian singer-songwriter-actress
- The song “Call Me Maybe”
Carly Rae Jepsen’s Origins
Carly Rae Jepsen was born in Mission, BC on November 21, 1985. She is Canadian and of Danish, English, and Scottish heritage. Her ethnicity is Caucasian and her faith is Christian. Carly turned 35 in 2020. Her birth date makes her a Scorpio. Her parents are Alexandra Lanzarotta and Larry Jepsen. Colin Jepsen (brother) and Katie Jepsen (Sister).
Carly attended Heritage Park Secondary School and afterwards applied to music programs at Capilano University and the University of British Columbia.
Carly Rae Jepsen’s Career
- Carly Rae Jepsen’s demo tape caught the eye of music manager Jonathan Simkin, who signed her to a management agreement with 604 Records that year.
- A rendition of John Denver’s “Sunshine on My Shoulders” followed in June 2008, and her first album “Tug of War” sold 10,000 copies in Canada.
- In 2011, she co-wrote “Call Me Maybe” with Tavish Crow, Josh Ramsay, and Ryan Stewart for her second album, which was released in September. Jepsen’s six-track EP “Curiosity” was released in Canada in February 2012.
- Her June 2012 single “Good Time” with Owl City debuted at number eight on the Billboard Hot 100 and preceded Jepsen’s September 2012 album “Kiss” which peaked at number ten in Australia, the UK, and the US.
- In 2012, she appeared in the fifth season premiere of “90210” on The CW and became a spokeswoman for Wet Seal.
- Carly spent a year on Broadway in “Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella” and released her third album’s first song, “I Really Like You,” in March 2015.
- She also appeared in “Grease Live” on Fox in January 2016 and recorded the theme song for the Netflix series “Fuller House” in late 2015.
- She participated on The Knocks’ first album “55” in 2016 and released “Emotion: Side B” in August 2017.
- Jepsen opened for Katy Perry on her Witness: The Tour in January and February 2018 and released her fourth album “Dedicated” on May 17th 2019.
- Jepsen stated in May 2020 that she was working on a “quarantine record” with composer Tavish Crowe, with whom she co-wrote “Call Me Maybe.”
- ‘Til Somebody Cries’ peaked at 11 on the US Holiday Digital Songs list on 30th October 2020.
- Carly was also supposed to play at the 2013 National Scout Jamboree alongside Train, but both cancelled due to the BSA’s position against gays.
TOUR DE SUMMER K (2013)
Tour de Gimmie (2015-2016)
Tour Devotee (2019-2020)
Tour of the Marianas Trench, New Cities, and Mission District (2009)
Live in Canada: Hanson’s Shout It Out Tour (2012)
Believe Tour (North America, Europe, and South America) (2012-2013)
Hello World Tour (Canada) (2016)
Witness: The Tour (North America) (2018)
Carly Rae Jepsen’s Relationship Status
Carly Rae Jepsen is single. Her beau, David Larkins, is her boyfriend. They started dating in 2015. Her personal life seems to be open to the public. It demonstrates how much she cares for her followers and gives them exactly what they desire. Carly is a heterosexual woman.
Carly Rae Jepsen’s Net Worth
Carly Rae Jepsen has a net worth of $10 million as of 2021 and a salary in the millions of dollars each year. She’s one of the rare people who has so much experience and stays committed to her goals. Her career has already reached amazing heights and she has much more to accomplish. Carly’s main source of income is through singing.
Carly Rae Jepsen’s Body Measurements
Carly Rae Jepsen is 157 cm tall and weighs 52 kg (115 lbs). Her blonde hair and blue eyes are attractive. Her physical measurements are 34-25-32 in or 86-63.5-81 cm.
Do you Know?
- Carly attended the Canadian College of Performing Arts before auditioning for Canadian Idol in 2007.
- Songs of the Year at the Canadian Radio Music Awards include “Tug of War.”
- She is also recognized for her role as Frenchy in Grease Live!
- She likes sweets. Carly adores PB&C biscuits.
- Carly finished 3rd on Canadian Idol Season 5 in 2007. Still, she got a record contract.